Tim and Will on the Giant Map of Europe at the National Geographic Bee in Madison.
Today is Tim’s 46th birthday. To celebrate those 46 wonderful years, I thought it would be fun to list 46 Awesome Things about Tim Taylor. So in no particular order because I’m typing as I go, here they are:
1. He never complains. I’m not exaggerating. The entire time he was in the hospital after his mountain biking accident, he didn’t whine or fuss once. Not once in more than three weeks. He just worked hard to get better.
2. He patiently listens to me complain.
3. He has a knack for finding great new music and introduced me to some of my favorite bands, like Over the Rhine and The Cowboy Junkies.
4. He’s an amazing father.
5. He makes me laugh every day. Even when I’m mad at him, he can still make me laugh.
6. He’s incredibly loyal and inspires loyalty in others. He’s worked with the same core group of people for more than a dozen years, and they’ve got each other’s backs. One of them is even Lily’s godfather.
7. He plants bulbs with the kids in the fall and a vegetable garden and pumpkin patch in the spring.
8. He spends countless hours making a skating rink every winter.
9. He doesn’t treat his girls like princesses. He has too much respect for them to do that. They’re growing up strong and confident because of his belief in them.