Happy Weekend and Happy New Year!
I love this old photo from the first time the ball dropped in Times Square on New Year’s Eve, 1907. Have you ever been to Times Square on New Year’s Eve? Would you want to go? When I was younger I dreamed of ringing in the new year there with the masses, but nowadays I’m happy to stay in. For the first time in ages we were planning to venture out to a couple of kid-friendly parties this year, but we’ll have to wait and see how the pup is doing.
In the meantime, here are some fun New Year’s ideas for you:
- This New Year surprise cake is so cool.
- Dark Chocolate Cookies with Champagne Buttercream!
- Lucky foods for the New Year here.
- Countdown Goodie Bags.
- This cool resolution kit might help me keep my resolutions this year.
- This New Year’s Party in a Box would make a great gift.
- So would this DIY Gold Striped Serving Platter. (Or you could keep it for yourself.)
- This Sequin Photobooth DIY would take your New Year’s party to a whole new level.
I hope you have a safe and happy New Year’s Eve, whether you’re staying in or out partying in full sequin-and-sparkle mode. See you in 2012!