April Fool’s Day / Weekend Links
I nearly forgot that April Fool’s Day is this Sunday! Does your household like to play tricks? I’m a ridiculously gullible person, so I make a great target. For example, yesterday on Facebook a friend posted that “if you say ‘gullible’ slowly it sounds like ‘oranges’.” And I actually tried it!
If you’d like to get creative for April Fool’s Day, you could surprise someone with this personalized jack-in-the-box (spotted on Say Yes to Hoboken). It appears to be a sweet little gift but then launches confetti at the unsuspecting recipient. (The secret is simple spring technology.)
While I contemplate ways to trick my husband and children, here are some cool links for you:
- A little egg trick for breakfast on April 1st.
- Affordable strawberries have started to appear at our grocery store. I’m thinking this would be a great way to use them: Berry Brown Sugar Cake.
- 12 pages of fantastic free Easter printables!
- Lavender vodka lemonade. Interesting.
- Homemade pasta is on my list of Things To Do.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Devil’s Food Cake Cheesecake. No joke.
- 10 easy Easter crafts.
- So many spins on French toast! I want to try the French toast muffins first.
- My window box was a complete dud last year, so I’m scoping out new ideas. These are gorgeous.
Do you have fun plans for the weekend? We’re still enjoying unusually warm weather. Every day we check the status of our daffodils and tulips; they’re just starting to poke through the ground.
Right now we’re off to the school carnival, and then I’m hoping for a fairly mellow weekend with lots of time to relax and do some Easter decorating and projects. And a few April Fool’s Day tricks, too. Hope to see you back on Monday!