Cinco de Mayo / Weekend Links
Does your family celebrate Cinco de Mayo? I wouldn’t say we celebrate it exactly—we just use it as an excuse to go out for Mexican food. But seeing all these great ideas makes me want to put a little effort into doing something fun. I wonder if Lily and I can work on these DIY mini pinatas in the bleachers at Lexie’s volleyball tournament tomorrow….
- Cinco de Mayo in a box. Olé, and then some.
- Everything you need to throw a great Cinco de Mayo party—recipes, printables, and decorations.
- Tissue-paper streamers to set the mood.
- Cute mariachi guitar craft for the younger set.
- DIY Fiesta Favor Bags.
- A prettier version of 7-Layer Dip.
- Pinata cookies. These would take serious commitment, but they’re awfully cute.
- Beer cupcakes. Not just for St. Patrick’s Day! (Just switch the Guinness for Corona.)
Do you have fun plans for the weekend? The kids have a half-day, so I’m going to squeeze in a coffee date with an old friend. And then Will gets to go bowling at a birthday party while the girls and I spend some time with Grammy. Andrew, meanwhile, will be working on yet another video project with a friend. (He says he wants to be an astrophysicist, but I won’t be surprised if he becomes an actor or director!) Throw in some volleyball, a dance recital practice, baseball, and fishing, and we’ll have a weekend!
Let me know if you give any of these Cinco de Mayo projects a try, and please come back again next week for teacher gift ideas!