Grandpa Jeff was kind enough to help us finish the built-in bookcase in the loft recently. It is sitting there, in all its pristine whiteness, just waiting to be filled. I love the styling on this bookcase by Gabrielle of Design Mom (made even better by her baby daughter). But as much as I admire how Gabrielle groups the books by color, I don’t think I have it in me to do the same. I’m firmly in the sort-by-genre group. Alphabetized, even. What about you?
I also have to figure out a way to hide the speaker switch box on the bottom shelf. Tim, more of a function than form kind of guy, informed me that it can’t be moved because the speaker wires from the bedrooms all terminate there. Well, it could be moved but it would be a big project. I’m going to think of this as a creative challenge. Ideas are welcome.
- If I don’t write it down, I’ll forget it. Luckily, there’s a plethora of cute notepads out there. I like this free download from design.wash.rinse.repeat.
- Spotted this on Dream Everyday.
- This custom-made board game might make a great present. Will tuck it away in the Idea File.
- These customized paperdolls from Lily and Thistle are on my wish list. I especially like the Fairy Tale package. What a lovely way to while away a wintry afternoon.
- Day 7 of the Push-Up Challenge. Keep going!
Have a great weekend! We’ll be visiting the Science Museum and maybe doing a little skiing if we can pull Andrew away from his beloved Green Bay Packers.