Here’s some eye candy for you. Almost literally. This colorful rug from the Danish company Hay is called Pinocchio after the round Danish candies the felted balls resemble. Don’t you think it could keep a baby entertained for hours? Or a cat? Actually, they’re not inexpensive so you might want to keep the cat away.
If you’re feeling ambitious you could make your own felted wool balls using this tutorial and then string them all together into a rug. A great winter project! I was almost able to write that with a straight face. You’d have to make, like, a million balls. But it’s still a nice idea.
- Will and I tested this Chocolate Beer Truffle recipe over the weekend. So good. It’ll be our contribution to the Super Bowl festivities next week since Tim can’t drink beer yet. (No alcohol for 18 months after a spinal cord injury. Poor guy.) Will enjoyed the scandal of handling beer. All three tablespoons of it.
- Have a go at this style quiz over at Stylish Home. I’m an Antiquated Espresso. What are you?
- These organic wooden teethers are so sweet.
- It’s Lily’s turn to bring treats for school on Wednesday. Which happens to be Groundhog Day. I wonder if we can make 19 of these groundhog cupcakes by then.
- Day 31 of the 100 Push-Ups Challenge!