Such a provocative title. Perhaps I’ll just refer to it as the LBN workout from now on.
I’m always on the lookout for fun new workout videos that are quick but effective. I picked this up at Target the other day because the word “intervals” jumped out at me. The DVD has four parts—a 5-minute warm-up, a 20-minute strength-training workout, a 20-minute intervals workout (they call it a metabolic workout), and a 5-minute cool-down.
Jessica Smith is a very likable instructor and easy to follow. I like the aerobics-class vibe and the serious free weight- and body-weight moves. It met my criteria for hard work in a short amount of time. Why spend hours working out if you don’t have to? Here’s a link if you’d like a preview: Look Better Naked video. The DVD is also available at Amazon.
Here are my workout goals this week. I only did yoga once last week so I’m trying for two this time around:
- Monday: LBN strength-training workout. Yoga at night.
- Tuesday: LBN interval workout.
- Wednesday: Club FYM strength-training workout. Tap class at night. Starting our “Footloose” routine for the recital. Hysterical.
- Thursday: LBN interval workout.
- Friday: LBN strength-training workout.
- Saturday: Maybe Body Pump at the Y if friends are going. (We don’t have a membership, but I like to visit for fun when I can.)
- Sunday: Super Bowl Sunday! Maybe get that second yoga workout in.
- The 100 Push-Ups Challenge is still going.