I made one of these Misti Chunky Ribs & Ruffles scarves in wool to wear last year, but it was too scratchy for me. Darn allergies. So I gave it to a friend, bought some acrylic yarn, and tried again. I love the Eve’s rib pattern and flirty ruffles.
I bought the pattern in a knitting shop, but found it free online for you: Misti Chunky Ribs and Ruffles scarf.
I wanted my scarf to be wider and longer than the one in the pattern, so I added two ribs and kept knitting until it was long enough to wrap around my neck several times. It’s really cold here this winter! If you want to add two ribs, cast on 92 stitches. After you decrease for the ruffles, the body of the scarf will be 23 stitches wide.
- Knitterella’s Heart Pattern would be great for embellishing a card or as a pin.
- Homemade Pop Tarts! Here’s the original recipe and here’s a little tweaking.
- Still working on a good menu-planning strategy. Maybe I can use some advice from here.
- Babble’s Top 5 Free Valentine printables. The free fruit stickers are really cute.
- Day 35 of the 100 Push-Ups Challenge.