How can this little one-week-old baby be 13 years old today? I know everyone says this, but the time flies by so quickly! I’ve never been the mother of a teenage boy before, but Andrew is making it easy. He’s as cheerful as ever and marked the occasion by being named the 8th grade Student of the Week. We are so blessed to have him.
Andrew is hosting a sleepover tonight, so I’m preparing for a houseful of teenage boys. The plan is to stick them in the basement with some movies and video games and occasionally toss down a pizza. Piece of cake. (Speaking of, Andrew requested a Dairy Queen birthday cake. I’m getting off easy with this party!)
While I’m looking at Andrew’s baby photos and turning into a pile of mush, here are some fun links for you:
- Check out this party for a one-year-old. It’s the total opposite of Andrew’s party this year! I think it would be a great theme for a shower, too.
- Homemade hot chocolate mix.
- Thinking about replacing the single sink in the kids’ bathroom, but there’s not a lot of space. This might work.
- So much to knit, so little time. What do you think of these felted oven mitts?
- I love these necklaces.
- Something to do with the leftover pumpkins: Pumpkin bird feeder.
- These Fish-in-a-Bag-Soaps could be fun Christmas gifts.
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies.
Have a great weekend and I hope to see you back on Monday! (Christmas planning and organizing starts next week. Whoo-hoo!)