Do you remember when you were little and the days dragged by…so…very…slowly as you counted the seconds until Christmas? And your mom looked slightly crazed every time you said you couldn’t wait? Now I know exactly how our poor moms felt. Time is whizzing along and I’m so behind it’s not even funny. Except it is sort of funny. I mean, what person in her right mind would take on so much in one short month? Oh, well. Bring it on—we can rest in January.
Are you shopping this weekend? Do you have any fun holiday parties? Tim’s dad is visiting from Virginia, so the kids are enjoying some time with Pappaw. Tonight he requested a special reading of How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Tim, who is definitely a master Grinch-reader.
Here are some links to give you a little last-minute Christmas inspiration:
- Amazing Gingerbread Brownstone (with directions!)
- Or how about this Christmas tree cake?
- I don’t think I could pull this hat off at the “last minute,” but it’s awfully cute.
- Would these be a nice gift for a college student?
- Kirsten is a wonderful storyteller; this will make you smile.
- How to make your own girls’ tights via my friend Kristin here. Brilliant!
- Brussels sprouts recipe I stumbled upon. For my friend who’s trying to embrace them.
- Cute gingerbread mobile.
- Free wintery paper doll download here.
- These little cakes look delicious, and I love the packaging, too.
I hope your weekend is filled with Christmas spirit—and I hope you come back on Monday as we kick off our last week of holiday prep.