Most of the family is skiing tonight, but Miss Lily and I stayed home to curl up and watch old Disney movies. It’s been a Disney kind of day. Don’t laugh, but earlier today I was working on a really difficult piece of writing, so I made a deal with myself: if I powered through, I could go skate on our little rink. To “Let It Go.”
Okay, go ahead and laugh. I’m sure I looked quite comical and the scene in my head was probably different from what was actually happening. But it was fun and the frozen fractals were all around and then some.
(For those of you who aren’t familiar with the Disney movie Frozen, it’s basically a documentary of life here in Wisconsin.)
I’m not quite ready for the Olympics but while I work on my ice dancing, here are some fun links for your weekend:
- Julie from my favorite yarn shop, Knit’n From the Heart, told me about a Winter Games KAL (knit-a-long) on Ravelry. It’s being hosted by Imperial yarn, the official yarn sponsor of the U.S. Olympic team, and will kick off in February when the Olympic torch is lit. Everyone will cast on for the unisex pullover and finish by the time the torch is extinguished.
- Polar vortex donuts from a fellow midwesterner.
- While we’re at it, a free donut giftbox template.
- We’re visiting Disney World in a couple of months to watch the high school band perform, and Lexie and I have decided to speak only French in the France Pavilion. Pas un problème! We signed up for Radio Lingua‘s online Coffee Break French program. We’re on Lesson #6 and are really enjoying it so far.
- I’m jumping on the kale bandwagon. Seriously, who is kale’s publicist? I’d like her number, please.
- I was looking to mix up my workouts, so Cassey Ho’s Pop Pilates DVD caught my eye at Target this week. Yowza! Cassey is deceptively cheerful while kicking some serious butt.
- What is nothing? A mind-bending debate about the universe moderated by Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- 50 websites every writer should bookmark in 2014.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!