How can you ever thank someone who shows up every single time it snows (during what is by far the snowiest winter in years) to plow your very long driveway because your husband is recovering from a spinal cord injury?
Well, of course you can’t even begin to thank them enough, but you can at least bring them some sugared pecans. And be first in line to offer them help if, heaven forbid, they ever need it. Here’s the recipe. I’m sure there’s someone you could give these to for Valentine’s Day. You’d definitely have yourself a sweetheart.
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Place the butter in the pan and put in the oven to melt. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the egg white with one tablespoon of water and whisk until foamy. Add the pecans and stir until the nuts are coated with the egg-white mixture. Set aside.
In a second bowl, combine the sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pour the sugar mixture over the nuts and stir to coat evenly. Remove the pan from the oven and gently stir the nuts into the melted butter. Spread the nuts out evenly and bake for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Be sure to watch them so they don’t burn. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the pecans to cool directly in the pan. Try not to eat too many so you’ll have enough to give away.
- The cute little tag on the pecans is a freebie from Creature Comforts.
- Remember that amazing cake with the heart magically in the middle? Manda shows us how to make one of our own here.
- It’s never too early to encourage someone to follow his or her dreams.
- Gunther the Golden would love us even more if we made these for him. Or how about heart shapes for Valentine’s Day?
- Day 25 of the Push-Ups Challenge.