Valentine Snow Globes / Weekend Links
These Valentine Snow Globes from Dandee Designs are crazy cute. We’re long past the baby-food stage around here, so I’d need to borrow a baby to pull this off. Anyone have one they could spare? Or at least some empty jars?
The kids are off school today and while I’d planned to take them out to do something fun, the idea of staying in is appealing. Especially when it’s so frigidly cold outside, but so snug inside. My vanilla-scented IKEA candle is gently glowing on the table next to me. Vanilla-scented IKEA candles are my newest obsession. I stocked up on a bunch yesterday when I made an emergency run into IKEA for salmon. (I’m sure you’re much more organized and would have packed an appropriate 3-Day Facelift lunch to bring along for your day at the car repair shop. I was this close to eating at McDonald’s, but then I remembered that Scandinavians always have salmon around. And they did.)
On another note, you are the most sympathetic and empathetic people in the world. You have helped so much during this very sad time of losing our sweet Gunther. I’m still adjusting to life without him. In some ways it’s even harder now because the reality of him being gone is really sinking in. I used to love to come home, but now I dread the moment we pull down the drive or walk in the door and he’s not there. I miss tripping over him every time I get up. But I know this is part of life and it will get easier. Of course we get asked if we’re going to get another dog, and the answer is a resounding yes. Dog people have to have a dog. But not just yet.
So. Putting those feelings aside, here are some fun links for the weekend.
- We’re getting ready for Chinese New Year around here. The Year of the Dragon! Check out these 8 ways to celebrate the new year.
- This DIY dragon puppet is so cool, but these dragon masks would work, too.
- Homemade Happy Meals.
- DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub. I’ve been in love with lemons ever since my first pregnancy. I don’t know why.
- Design Mom’s Mad-Libs Valentines were featured in Family Fun magazine. She has lots of other great Valentine ideas, too.
- I’ve always wanted to make gnocchi. This Homemade Ricotta Gnocchi looks delicious and do-able.
- And then how about Root Beer Float Snake Cake for dessert?
- Cute and free print-out for Friendship Bracelet Valentines here.
- I haven’t attempted knitting a sweater yet, but this Easy Baby Pullover is tempting.
Do you have big plans for the weekend? I get to go to book club, which is always a treat. This month’s book is Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. Have you read it? Should be an interesting conversation. I hope you have a great weekend, and I hope you’ll come back next week because we’re busy putting together more Chinese New Year and Valentine ideas.