Here is Will enjoying his morning café au lait…sipping from the mug my mother gave me with the Jane Austen quote “There is no place like home for real comfort”…the orioles and hummingbirds flitting back and forth from the feeders to the trees…the gentle reminder that time to dream and reflect and breathe is an essential part of our day.
While we gather our thoughts and ponder the day ahead, here are some fun links for you:
- A garland of star-spangled paper lanterns.
- Kofte Kebabs to finish up Egypt Week.
- I would have loved this kitchen cabinet dollhouse when I was small.
- DIY American flag marshmallow pops.
- These could change my kids’ opinions about broccoli.
- Gwyneth’s tips for better flying.
- DIY firework rocket favors to send home with your guests on the Fourth.
- Most of my BFFs are on this side of 40, but I’ll file Jane’s idea away for when we all start turning 50.
- Bookmaking would be a wonderful skill to have. I think just about anyone would love to receive one of these as a gift, don’t you?
Do you have fun plans for the weekend? We’re off to Wild Mountain for water park adventures and a ride on a giant Alpine slide—and catching up with old friends in town for the week. Can’t wait!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that you’ll come back on Monday for the kick-off to France Week, plus a bunch of ideas for a great Fourth of July.